About Me

My photo
JB, Johor, Malaysia
Errr, I hope to live forever with my love ones. God please save Malaysia!!! My English sucks, i only uses simple words, my chinese also sucks, but i still can communicate with others haha. And i love my family and GF too. (ya almost forgetting to say my dog "Bson")

Sunday, March 7, 2010

You Shen 2010

You Shen" or "Tour of the God" is one of the biggest event in Malaysia, it's a Chinese event where people celebrate by taking the figures of gods out to the street.

The History of "You Shen", i think it's more than a hundred years. Still many people take part in this event, and lot of foreigner will come here to feel how's it's like in this event.

For me, it's my family culture take all of us should take part in it. As by taking part, the gods will give you good luck and protection, and this is what we believe in.
This year was also the same I've take part, the only different is that now i take pictures of the whole event instead of carrying the gods.

Here are some of the pictures i took.

When we just arrive, i park my car near a shopping centre and i saw this beautiful dragon with the flowers so i took a picture of it.

Before we start the event we must pray to our gods first.


Lot's of people, and it rain that day too :(

My GF and I,

My Brother and his GF






There are also lot's of police there to stop people from fighting, but if you notice there are two or more policemen smoke on duty. (as expected in Malaysia, hope so day this will be better. As these sorts of things doesn't really show the good side of Malaysia.)

There are so many people,
















Even young kid like him took part in the event.

one of the gods, people will try to get a hold on the "god's seat", so to carry it.







Even Hip Hop dancer came to take part, yo yoZ



































Aunties who really live their lives.









No comments:

Post a Comment