About Me

My photo
JB, Johor, Malaysia
Errr, I hope to live forever with my love ones. God please save Malaysia!!! My English sucks, i only uses simple words, my chinese also sucks, but i still can communicate with others haha. And i love my family and GF too. (ya almost forgetting to say my dog "Bson")

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

DIY camera bag.

These few day, i had been finding a camera bag for my K-x and my new Tamron lens. I saw lots of bag for sale, both first hand and second hand.

But still i did not but any of them due to the following reasons:
1) Some are too big and some are too small,
2) Big bag can cost lots of money, and cheap bag quality not good,
3) I don't wanna carry such a big bag around, when I'm not fully using all the compartment, and i also don't wanna tell everyone one that I had a camera in my bag.

Therefore, i come out with the following solution:
1) I'll use a bag which is current used by me (My Nike bag)
2) I want adjustable dividers (So that i can customize the compartment
3) Ofcos need to be cheap, and quality still there.
3.1) I took both thick and thin foam from my company (Which they used for packing)
3.2) I also use company double sided tape
3.3) Some cardboard also from company
3.4) Some old clothes (best if it's Cotton
3.5) Duck tape (need to buy, which cost me S$4)
3.6) Velcro with cloth glue or tape behind it (need to buy, Super Exp,
cost me S$15.90)

The steps of the DIY camera bag:

1) Measure the base and the walls of your bag, follow by cutting the thick foam to the size you need. (The thick foam is for the walls and base for the bag, to prevent damage to your camera.)

2) Cut the cardboard and the thin foam to the size that you'll need for the divider. For each divider, follow these steps:
2.1) paste two cardboard together (do this if the cardboard you use wasn't the thick)
2.2)warp the cardboard with the thin foam

3) After step one and two is done, cut the cloth from your old clothes and make sure it fits nicely with your foam, and sew it with a sewing machine (Note: for those who do not have a sewing machine at home, you can either use a cloth glue or fabric fusion tape (i think so), or you can just use the duck tape for everything)

4) After you had all the foam covered with the cloth (or duck tape), use the Velcro to paste on the walls of the thick foam and sides for the divider.

5) you are almost done, now put the base in first, follow by the walls. and arrange them nicely.

6) put the divider in and custom to the way you want.

7) enjoy yourself with your semi-new camera bag.

This is the inside of the bag


Outside of the bag

No comments:

Post a Comment