About Me

My photo
JB, Johor, Malaysia
Errr, I hope to live forever with my love ones. God please save Malaysia!!! My English sucks, i only uses simple words, my chinese also sucks, but i still can communicate with others haha. And i love my family and GF too. (ya almost forgetting to say my dog "Bson")

Monday, May 31, 2010

Things about quit smoking


It had been 3 months since the last time i smoke, I'm very scare to tell people that i had quitted smoking. As i always say that i had quitted smoking, but every time after 1 or 2 weeks I'll smoke again.

Especially my GF, every time i told my GF i had quitted smoking she was so happy, but every time when i started smoking again she begin to lose trust in me. i felt sad, disappointed, and sometimes even depressed about the things she said to me even after i tried my best to quit smoking.

This really turn me off for quitting smoking, cos i had to lied to my GF when i smoke. And i really hate so much when i lied to her, sometimes i even think that i am useless as even i can't survive one day without smoking.

Till now after i had not been smoking, i do not dare to tell people that i had quit. I only tell them that i had stop smoking instead of quit. As I'm scare that i may disappoint them again.

The things i had done to prevent myself from smoking, are having less money in my pocket (so that I'll not have enough money to buy cigarette), drink more water (whenever i feel like smoking), keeping myself busy with work (so that i can keep my mind on my job instead of smoking), will try to think of my GF, my family, and people who care about me (so that i can feel their love to me, and i will take care of my health, so that i can live long, take good care of them and stop bring them trouble.), I'll also look at news about how harmful smoking will cause.

As you know smoking will cause lots of health problem including cancer, heart disease, and alot more others (which is mention by lot's of people especially MOH.

Now even smoking pollutes the air and quite often the ground. However, it is not always obvious how or how much smoking pollutes. Cigarettes contain over 4000 chemicals which are exhaled and released into the air and the atmosphere.

The pollution caused by cigarettes does not stop in our bodies or the air; it also affects the land we live on and the water that we drink. Millions of cigarette butts are discarded onto the ground every day. Some of the cigarette butts will be picked up by people, but there are millions more not picked up and will end up in the rivers and lakes where fish and animals eat them by mistake and quite often die from it. This really turn me off from smoking as i like fishing, but when all the fish dies off because of my cigarette butt i will hate myself so much.

The rest are left on the ground to decompose which will take an average of 25 years while all of the chemicals and additives leach into the ground and pollute the soil and the plants. Which will cause the plants grows slower or even dies off, i wanted my children to see the plants, flowers, trees, and the wild life which i see now. This is another reason i consider for not smoking.

Do you know that, for every 300 cigarette you smoke you kill a full grown tree. There is the land used to grow the crops all over the world that could be put to better use by planting more trees or food for starving children in third world countries. These crops are also often sprayed with a lot of harmful pesticides and chemicals because tobacco is a very fragile plant and is likely to pick up disease.

And ofcos the money spend on cigarette, now cigarette cost more (around S$11.30) if you smoke 1 pack per day which is the average for most smoker, then one year you will spend around S$4124.50. Do you know that you can buy what with all that money? for me i got my Camera (Pentax K-x cost: S$700++) and a Tamron 70-300mm lens and other lots more (including two Coach bag for both my Auntie and my GF Cost around S$1000). See this is the benefit i get from from stop smoking, and i had waste 13 years of my money on cigarette, which i had regretted.

So to the people out there, stop smoking i know it's difficult as i had gone through. And i know if i can do it so can you. It's all about your will, and if you have the guts quit it and be like a man, and stop whining about your excuses for stop smoking.

And for those who aren't smoking, don't even think of having your first cigarette. Believe me one you had it, it's had to quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment